Friday, July 18, 2008

Summertime

The summer is going fast. Days are flying and the weeks are passing with somewhat out of control speed!
But I've already had three wonderful and memorable weeks, the memories from which will never be forgotton.
Our very first week of summer vacation was spent in Maine. We have traveled to Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park every summer for the past eight years. And every year we are fortunate to experience the same joys, and have new surprises!


The hotel pool is always the first destination when we arrive. After that, we took a foggy hike around Jordan Pond - one of our favorite places to spot wildlife.

We did many adventurous hikes this time - "scaling" cliffs and using ladders and bars to reach the summit. There was biking and shopping and swimming and eating of ice cream and sleeping late and even a parade and fireworks on the fourth. Here are some of my favorite pictures.





This was a wonderful start to a very full and exciting summer. What with my boy training for his Jr. Black Belt (yay! he's been at it almost 4 years!), my middle child trying ballet again after 5 years and lots of family time planned, I've hardly had to time to think about it. But once again, I realize how lucky I am.

Check back for pics from our 2nd exciting week, which included the Jamesport Fireman's fair, and from the 3rd week - a very special visit with my sister and baby niece. Gotta get ready for our next trip now. Family reunion in another part of Maine. I haven't even started packing and we're leaving tommorow!

'Night.

1 comment:

Nan Patience said...

Wonderful pix!

Have a great trip!