Monday, February 4, 2008

Madam President


I do like the way that sounds. I can't help myself. I am a huge fan and I believe Senator Clinton is the best candidate for President of the United States.

I agree with her opinions and feelings about education, (children should be inspired to learn as individuals, not taught through tests), healthcare, (everyone would have the opportunity to join the congressional healthcare plan, if he or she choses), women's rights (she is pro-choice and pro-family), ending the war in Iraq, our standing (both economic and social) in the international community and the environment.

In fact, I agree with almost everything she says.

Add to this that she is a passionate, strong, and clearly intelligent person who cares much less about being liked and accepted than she does about doing what she feels is right.

I will admit it, the fact that she is a woman comes into the equation for me. This is a candidate who understands what it is like to be a mother. This is a candidate who, perhaps, feels things just as much as she thinks about them. This is a candidate who maybe, just maybe, will be able to solve our problems without force and violence.

To read a more eloquently worded argument as to why she is the right candidate for women click here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/martha-burk/why-hillary-is-the-right-_b_84718.html
Don't forget to vote in the primary on Tuesday February 5.

Be a part of history!

4 comments:

Nan Patience said...

Martha Burke's post puts some key issues for women front and center. I agree that women's rights and needs have been under threat in recent years, I agree that Hillary Clinton has been aggressive and effective in fighting threats on this front, and I agree that as a mother and a woman she has a definite advantage over her opponents. I tend to agree with her on things, too.

My concern is that she's been a part of this feckless democratic party these many years, accomplishing what she can on the fringes, and letting the republicans get away with murder. She may not be radical enough for me. It may be that we need to throw our lot in with Obama and hope he can deliver on his big words, which capture better for me my feeling of complete dissatisfaction with the status quo and the hope that we can do much, much better...

j-m said...

So, now that it's the Day After, what do you think of the results? What exactly is "inconclusive"?

Is it possible they could run on the same ticket? Who makes that final decision, the frontrunner?

MamaCole said...

I think things are really close! He won more states, but she won more delagates - but only by a few! The fight ain't over yet.

I think the idea of Obama being Clinton's running mate is wonderful, but, in my opinion, highly unlikely now. I thought that maybe he would have kept out of the spotlight and she'd have asked him to be her vp. What a ticket that would have been! But, now that he has his own show, I agree with Nancy - both Alpha types. One would not take a back seat to the other. In my opinion.

I have nothing against the man, by the way. I just feel it is Hillary's time.

j-m said...

I wonder who they're each thinking about as VP?