Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Untethered

Well, there were so many things I was going to post about during this first month of January. But I never got around to it and now my blog finds itself without a home base.

You see, I began blogging, (I learned about what blogging is, in fact), from a neat little website called North Fork Parents.com and the site's editor. And very recently this site closed down its Blogger's page. The Adventures of Mamacole has been untethered from the dock, and it feels like my blog is floating around in a very large and hostile sea of Internet interactions.

Who will read my words? Look at my pictures? Will there be unfriendly commentary? Will anyone care?

We had a sweet little community over there at the North Fork Parents dock. All our blogs (there were nearly 10) were tied up near one another and we knew that we could count on readers and comments from each other's sites. None of us have met in person, (save our editor and dock master - we all know her, I think), but we felt that we knew each other through our posts. At least I did, anyway.

And there was a place for "outsiders" to hear about our words as well. Anyone browsing the site might come across an interesting blurb from one of our blogs and take a peak. We didn't really hear much from them, these non-blogging readers, but we knew they were there. Now there's no way for anyone to know what we've posted about.

So, this post is a lament to the loss of my "dock-mates". Though many of us have agreed to post links on each other's blogs and check in regularly anyway, it won't be the same and I'll miss the virtual camaraderie.

On the other hand. I haven't had a real "adventure" lately. And maybe Mamacole drifting out at sea is the start of a journey. If you're reading, thank you for joining me. Stay tuned for some brand new genuine adventures.

10 comments:

Damon Peter Rallis said...

Yes... it will certainly be an adventure.

I, for one, am looking forward to it!

Great post!

Luna said...

Keep on Keepin' on Mama! I've bookmarked ya and will be sure to stop by.

-Luna :)

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

I am reading, looking, and definitely caring...keep posting! I will look forward to seeing where you go on your new adventure ;-)

j-m said...

Hi Nicole! I found you again! I definitely GET the "untethered" feeling...great association!

At first I couldn't even figure out how to get to my own blog...after an hour or so last night, I got back to me and figured out how to do some new things with my blog...I will be adding you as a link soon, so I can find you easily and maybe others will too.

I love the pic!

Natasha Beccaria said...

I'm still here too.

Natasha Beccaria said...

LUNA what the heck are you doing here?? LOL.

MamaCole said...

Yay! We're all back together again. Have you guys checked out Nancy's new post? Or Six's? Thanks so much for reading - and isn't it cool to have Luna around too?

JM - the pic is of Jordan Pond in Acadia Nat'l Park in Maine. One of my favorite spots, actually. Or did you mean the snowstorm? That's my front yard.

And I will check the rest of your blogs for new posts now.

Nan Patience said...

Untethered, what a good name for it.

Nice to see everyone found the way back to each other.

Best to all.

Luna said...

Untethered.

Fun.

Exciting.

Mysterious.

Liberating.

Doesn't have to be a bad thing Mama.

And it kind of looks like I'm back, huh? ;)

Mom of 3 said...

You all have figured out how to link to the rest of us... I am still floating in nowhere land...tech savvy I am not, but it's nice to have found you!