Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Notes to Myself

The following is a list of things I need to write down so that I can remember them. Whether I've just realized something very recently and I don't want to forget it, or it's something that I've known and told myself over and over, these are things I need to be reminded of. A wise friend recommended that I "write them down" and I think this is as good a place as any.

  1. I can't help everybody. In fact, I can barely help myself.
  2. I can't fix other people's problems. I need to stop feeling like I should.
  3. I can't always say yes.
  4. Listening to my iPod, whether it's a podcast of This American Life, or my favorite mix, always cheers me up.
  5. Ditto for blogging.
  6. I have an enormous amount to be grateful for.
  7. I am not perfect.
  8. I can not do everything. At least not all at once.
  9. It's better NOT to talk on the cellphone while getting in and out of my car at stores. It causes more trouble than the multitasking is worth. (ie locking your keys in the car).
  10. Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Hemp Peppermint Pure Castile Soap is phenomenal for cleaning floors. It really gets rid of dirt, it's mild and bio-degradable, and it smells yummy!
  11. My house and my life are relatively clean and organized, considering how much I have going on.
  12. The way things feel right now, or even all day, is not the way things ARE. Life is flowing and changing and the sooner I can embrace all the waves and the torrents, the sooner I can be happy.

9 comments:

Nan Patience said...

Great list. I'm going to look for that soap.

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Yes, I agree, what a terrific list. I would like to hang a list like that on my refrigerator door (and maybe my front door too!), and let the family know that Mommy is not God. The best item on your list (I think) is the last one about "the way things feel right now is not the way things are." That is great and so true! I have been known to say that once or twice a month to stay focused.

MamaCole said...

I got the soap at Trader Joe's Nan.

And as wise as i felt when I wrote this, I am just as naive and sad right now.

This is NOT the way things ARE.
This is NOT the way things ARE.

Nan Patience said...

It's a funny thing, how fleeting a feeling can be. And how it's so hard to hold onto them or shoo them away! You would think we'd have more control over our own emotions, dammit!

MamaCole said...

You'd think we would. You'd wish it, actually. I hate emotions. And I am FULL of them.

Luna said...

Good stuff to remember there--and my Ipod cheers me up too!!!!! Keep smiling.

MamaCole said...

Hi Lunachick! So nice of you to check in here. How's school?

Luna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lame duck said...

I LOVE #12!!!
and I love DrBronners!
I still dont have an ipod. I feel like its another piece of technology that is going to piss me off!