Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The 44th president of the United States was sworn in today. Some Americans are skeptical - will it be the "same show, different channel?" I don't think so.

It is we, the people, who have changed this time, not just the Commander in Chief. We are more involved and more compassionate. We won't let another administration lead us along and let us down. We will do our part, because we are called to. And because we've sat on the sidelines and watched for too long. And because our president will inspire us to act.

The country chose hope over fear. I'm proud and I'm hopeful for our future.

1 comment:

j-m said...

I am so glad our school chose to broadcast the inauguration for the students and staff! I must admit, I cried when Itzak Perlman and YoYo Ma performed, and was quite uncharacteristically emotional throughout. Politics usually does not do this to me. It was definitely a significant moment in life.