Thursday, January 28, 2010

You call these "Adventures?"

OK. So here's the thing. The real, true "adventures" of this mama, are really no good for sharing. They are just too... well, let's say, controversial. And I've felt this before about blogging. I'm either being to candid and sharing too many intimate details of my life. Or, I'm retelling them in too casual a way, with not enough respect to the actual event. What the hell am I talking about, anyway?

The thing is that things can get really adventurous over here in this household, and I try very hard to keep things together and under control. And these are not times I can feel comfortable sharing. That is the thing.

I spend a fair amount of time internalizing this stuff, when it gets really hard, and to spew it all over a stupid blog seems ridiculous and counterproductive. So I guess I'll keep the darkest secrets to myself.

JD Salinger died yesterday. Such a weird coincidence because Jack just started reading The Catcher in the Rye not 2 days ago. I gave it to him for Christmas - it's perfect for his current state of mind and intellect. But he only started reading it (with loads of encouragement from me) Monday. And he loves it. And now Salinger is dead. And the radio is just lousy with retrospectives and remembrances. Funny.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

JD Salanger made a great contribution to a world that was just too much for him. When I was a kid we didn't buy books.... borrowed them from the library instead, so I don't have my own copy. Lucky for your son that he will have his ....lucky for him also to have a Mom like MamaCole.

Unknown said...

About those intimate details your making a wise decision.

Mom of 3 said...

Looking foward to reading what you resolve.