Monday, March 31, 2008

Quiet

I just got home from a long school district meeting and although I'm thoroughly exhausted from my day, and from this budget discussion meeting, I'm not quite ready to go to sleep.

Everyone in the house is sleeping right now. And I feel so at peace. I love my house when everyone is sleeping. I love everyone when they are sleeping. I love them fully and unconditionally and I can't imagine that any of my children could ever have caused me any strife ever.

The children are lovely and calm and beautiful to look at. And they are quiet. My house feels peaceful, yet full. I know that everyone is safe and in their beds and regenerating cells for the adventures of the next day.

(Everyone except the hamster. He's nocturnal. But I've grown accustomed to the muffled sound of his little wheel turning and if fits in with the peace).

So this is why I stay up. This is my reward time. When I first arrived home and found my husband sleeping, I was a little disappointed. We hardly have any time to talk during the day, and sometimes those minutes right before sleep are the only ones we have alone together. But I know he is tired. He wakes up at 6 O'Clock to start his day, works out, commutes, and works very hard all day. I am glad that he's resting at this moment. And he seems so serene.

When everyone is asleep and the house is still, I can feel very good about my life. Life is good. In a couple of days I will be going on a job interview for my first out of the home job in 9 years. I'm very excited about it and I have a feeling, if I get it, I might appreciate this quiet nightime hour even more.

Shhh.

4 comments:

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

I feel the same way about my children when they are sleeping. They are angels and I love them the most in the middle of the night. Whatever terrible thing happens during the day seems to just disappear at night when they close their eyes.

Good luck on your job interview! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the GPS, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://gps-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

j-m said...

Ohhh...I love this one! That's exactly the way I feel! Especially, after my oldest was away at college, and then would be home on a break. I could stop worrying and being the referee and everybody's go-to person. "All the chickens are in the nest," my Grandma would say happily.

Good luck on your new venture! It seems many of us are in this new-path time.

Long Island Foodie said...

I feel the same way. I love sitting in the house in the calmness knowing everyone is happy and healthy. Thank you for sharing and Good Luck on your job interview.