Monday, October 29, 2007

The Creaking Noise

Well, I'm not crazy. There was indeed a "creaking noise" coming from the front driver's side wheel base of my brand new Grand Caravan. I've never owned a new vehicle before and I was pretty sure it shouldn't be creaking and moaning with only 24 miles on the odometer.

I was sure I'd heard it, almost from the first time I'd made the 7-point turn I need to make at the top of my driveway in order to get out face first. I knew I'd heard it and I knew it was coming from that wheel. I finally made an appointment and brought it into the dealership. And here I am waiting for it. And here's the mechanic approaching me now.

"That creaking noise you heard was caused by a little tab left by the manufacturer in the wheel bed that was rubbing on the wheel. We took care of it."

Yay! Thank you. I'm not imagining things. I did hear it. And maybe the reason I heard it and my husband didn't is that I have more "sensitive" hearing. Maybe it's good to be very sensitive sometimes, eh?

I can't decide if I'm happier that it's fixed or that it was "broken" in the first place. Hmmm... That's kind of sad.

Oh well. I'd better call my husband.

1 comment:

j-m said...

Enjoy your new vehicle! Keep listening for those little sounds that other people say aren't there. Next time, it could be a bigger deal.