Friday, August 22, 2008

The Bitch List

Things That Suck right now

  • My challenging daughter is ... challenging me (again).
  • I was left out of a family gathering, rather obviously. And my husband was not.
  • I still have sand, salt and sunscreen all over me from the beach. I'm the only one who actually wants to shower, but I haven't been able to get into a bathroom yet.
  • We only have two bathrooms.
  • I spent the entire day with an additional child and made sure everything was set for a perfect summer day for all four of them. And my challenging daughter is still crying.
  • I have a terrible stiff neck/back. And I think it was caused by a very long phone conversation where I held the phone between my ear and shoulder.
  • The chiropractor told me this morning that I am susceptible to stiff necks and that I shouldn't talk that long on the phone any more.
  • Obama is probably not going to pick a woman as his running mate.
  • I was just nasty to my youngest child - and she is so sweet. She doesn't deserve it.
  • I am still taking care of the children (it is 10:23 PM) and I have NO patience for them any more, so it's not going so well. Oh, and my husband is laying in bed watching TV. I guess he's tired after the family party he was hanging out at (without me or the kids).
  • I sound so bitter. I hate that.

8 comments:

j-m said...

You have my sympathies. And all of this sucks. You're right.

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

Do you feel better? Sometimes this blog feels so right when you have something to bitch about.

The phone thing...do you have a speaker phone built into the cordless handset? When I bought my phone, it was the best feature. And I hate talking on the phone, so this makes it better.

The beach and other things put me in a mood yesterday and I was contemplating writing a a bitch piece too. I was actually up from 2am-5am thinking about it. Although, I am seeing some people later, I think I may wait to see if my mood improves or gets worse before writing it.

You have my sympathies too :-)

Damon Peter Rallis said...

It is nice to vent sometimes, huh?

Nan Patience said...

Seems like a good list. I'd like to do the same.

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

I think it is very cathartic to make this kind of list. God knows I feel better. I was up the night before last thinking about the things that have been bothering me, eating at me. And then I read Mamacole's list and I just went with it. I do feel better. Thanks Mamacole!!

Natasha Beccaria said...

Ive got a bitch list too... and probably Nan and i have an item that is very closely related!

My sympathies!

Mom of 3 said...

Fabulous list, I hope you feel better!

MamaCole said...

Yes, I guess the list made me feel better, if only for the moment. I hate complaining, really.

And yes, I do feel better in general. One long day, plus a bad night and lots of hormones = rotten mood with no perspective. But fortunately it has passed.