Sunday, June 22, 2008

Disconsolate Heart

How do I even start again?

It's been so long.

And so much has happened.

I don't know why I took such a long break. I could list the reasons, but I'm afraid it will sound like a list of excuses. And now. Now. So much has happened.

It's all so personal. And I'm feeling kind of shy and protective right now. Maybe because I've been away so long, I don't know.

My confidence is shaken. Confidence in myself. Confidence in the world. Confidence in the divine spirit. Shaken. Terribly shaken.

I know that these experiences will make all involved stronger. I know that there is always something to learn from adversity and that every unexpected sorrow prepares you for the next one. I know that life is made up of trials and tests, deaths and births: Waves moving us up and down through the sea of our days. I know this with my head and with my body.

But my heart doesn't care for wisdom and thoughts. It won't listen to reason. My heart is weary tonight.

I must count my blessings now, and get some sleep.










5 comments:

Luna said...

When your heart is weary, the best thing to do is to take care of it. If you're feeling protective, then go with it. Nothing good ever comes from truly fighting an emotion. We can amend behaviors, but amending an emotion is not possible. Take care of you, Mama, and learn from every trial and tribulation.

Natasha Beccaria said...

Whatever it is that is making you feel this way, please know that I am thinking of you and hoping you get through without much interference.

Anonymous Mommy Blogger said...

I am thinking of you too...

Nan Patience said...

Me too.

j-m said...

Me too.